Process EngineerApply Business Unit United Technologies Research Center Req ID 52167BR Date posted 08/09/2017 City East Hartford State Connecticut
The Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence of United Technologies Corporation (UTC) invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Process Engineer, Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence.
UTC is a $60 billion company that supplies products and services to the aerospace and building services industries. The newly-formed UTC Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (CoE), centrally hosted at UTC’s Research Center, will encompass a critical mass of Additive Manufacturing process and industrialization experts, the necessary equipment, and develop the strategic collaborations needed to rapidly mature the technology and manufacturing readiness of the critical technologies that are required to accelerate the development, transition, and deployment of additive manufactured products and systems for UTC’s business units (UTC Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Otis Elevator, UTC Climate, Controls, & Security).
The Process and Lab Engineering Specialist position includes a broad range of activities important to the effective operation of the AM CoE. Primary responsibilities may include:
- Operating and maintaining additive manufacturing equipment including ancillary equipment to support additively manufactured components,
- Pre-processing potential additive parts, including choosing orientation, and support structure requirements. Creating build file and other requirements needed to build the part,
- Helping to specify and or develop post-process processing techniques for additively manufactured parts,
- Helping conduct Environment Health & Safety and regular audits and Preventative Maintenance activities, and
- Providing input to the selection of additive manufacturing processes for specific component level applications relative to material selection and design features.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated ability to create build files for multiple additive manufacturing processes. The candidate should be detail oriented with strong analytical and machine shop mathematical skills. Knowledge of manufacturing operations, additive manufacturing, materials science, engineering design tools is preferred, with demonstrated proficiency in using and interpreting 3D CAD and applicable software packages or drawings. She/he must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation with good collaboration and both verbal and written communication skills.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status required.Education Candidates for this position require a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field with at least 2 years of experience in an applied research environment or manufacturing operations, which includes related additive manufacturing experience. Apply
Award-winning innovation starts here.
Discover why our breakthrough eco-friendly technologies are receiving industry recognition.More
85 years old – and still as curious as ever.
Find out more about our recent 85th anniversary, and how we’ve grown over the years.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar ProgramMore