UTRCI Research Scientist, Communication Systems
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ www.utrc.utc.com
A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, or a Master's degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
- Design and simulation of communication systems, with in-depth knowledge of system modeling and simulation tools for performance evaluation.
- The prototyping of communication systems using software-defined radio, with good knowledge of SDR hardware platforms.
- Technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences, and successful proposals for external funding/contracts/grants.
- Innovative strategic and technical thinking applied to real-world problems.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. At UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: http://www.utrc.utc.com/ by selecting Careers on top left hand corner and then selecting "SEARCH NON-US JOBS". This brings you to the UTC Aerospace Systems page, select "Ireland" under country tab on your left hand side. This will display all open positions at UTRC Ireland.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
% Travel Required: < 10%
Please note your application form may be reviewed by staff members within the United Technologies Corporation Group at their business locations in America, China and Europe. If you do not consent to this please notify us at the application stage or if during the interview process you change your mind, please notify us and we will obtain the information which has been shared with our global offices.